Friday, July 9, 2010

:: A Boy's Birthday Box ::


My kids were invited to a birthday party for a 9-year old boy.  I was at a loss for what to buy and since I don't know what toys/games, etc he already owns, I opted for cold hard cash :-)  To make it a little fun, I decided to fold the bill into a t-shirt.  There are directions all over the internet on how to make origami shirts.  Actually you can make just about anything using the origami technique.  I then made a box using the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge.  I put tissue paper in the box as if it was a shirt box (you know, like when you give gifts).  Then I printed a poem on cardstock (instead of making an actual card) and then had my kids sign the bottom of the cardstock.  The cardstock sat inside the box so when the box was opened the card was right on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment